It can be difficult to find the right way to maintain your pipes and drains . It can be especially frustrating if you try everything and fail. You need to be careful about what you put down on your pipes and drains. These 4 plumbing tips will help you keep your drains clear.
Use the Screen
Clogs can be prevented by filtering out any particles that might get into your drain. You can save yourself the trouble of having to clean out your drains . It also helps prevent hair, soap, and other contaminants from getting in your drains.
Put Grease in an Old Can
Grease can quickly build up in your sink. Grease and oils can build up quickly in your sink.
Cleanse your kitchen drains using hot water
The simplest and most effective natural way to clean your drain is to run hot water. To remove any residue or gunk, let the hot water run for just a few second.
Add some baking soda to the drain
Baking soda is a great way to clear clogged drains. To pour the baking soda into the drain, all you have to do is use a measuring cup. Let the mixture sit for approximately five to ten mins before flushing your drain with hot tap water.
You can also keep your drains clear with these other methods
- Wash your pets outside when it is warm enough. The more pet hair and dander that goes down the drain, it’s better.
- Keep hair out of drains frequently. The more hair in your drain, the more it will clog.
- Invest in a quality plunger. This is one example of a case where you get exactly what you pay for.
- Get plumbing services performed regularly. You can avoid clogs by having your plumbing checked.
If in doubt, never flush the following down your sinks
- Cigarettes and Ash
- Kitchen roll or regular paper
- Sanitary products
- Harsh chemicals
Keep these things in your mind to keep your drains clear and your pipes tidy. But if none of this works, or despite all your efforts, then you will have to call an professional plumber who has the necessary training and equipment for removing stubborn clogs.