You don’t have the time to spend looking for the right plumber if your water heater is not working properly, the garbage disposal is blocked up, or the drains are clogged. You could end up with more problems if you make a hasty decision about who to hire. A Glendale Plumber who you trust and can provide long-term results is what you want. You can’t prevent plumbing problems completely, but you can minimize the need to repair them multiple times.
While price is important in making a decision, it shouldn’t be the only factor. Plumbing companies in Glendale, CA may offer the lowest price by calling, but add additional charges when they arrive at your house to properly inspect the problem.
How do you choose the right plumber to fit your needs? These seven tips will help you make a decision.
ENSURE YOUR PLUMBER GETS LICENSED
Although this is obvious, it is an important aspect of finding the right plumber in Glendale, CA. Check if they have a license and ensure they have insurance in case of an emergency.
ASK HOW LONG HAVE THEY BEEN IN BUSINESS
You want the best possible service provider for your home. A well-respected plumbing company will have experienced plumbers. They are also less likely to leave halfway through your job.
INQUIRE MORE ABOUT WRITTEN EXAMPLES
A reliable Long Beach Plumber will not give you an estimate until they have assessed the problem in your house. After the problem is identified, but before any work can be done, ask for a written estimate. This will include labor and parts costs.
Don’t just rely on the advertisement or website of the plumbing company when making your decision. The Internet’s positive aspect is its ability to force businesses to disclose their services. A quick Google search will show past customers’ experiences if a plumber is offering substandard work.
While you may not be an expert in plumbing, you can still find a company that is more knowledgeable than the rest. You can check to see if your plumbing company has won awards that were voted on by customers and their industry. You can also check to see if the company is active in their community and shares their knowledge online.
Ask your neighbors, friends, and colleagues to recommend a plumber. Asking someone you trust to refer you is a great way to find hidden gems.
Ask your electricians, A/C technicians, and construction workers for recommendations. Many times, they will be able to recommend the best plumbers in your local area. Mentioning their name could result in a discount.
A July 2016 survey by Kohler found that approximately 28 million households in the United States experience a toilet blockage every month. 10% of American households experience a leakage that causes water to eject 90 gallons per day.
According to the IBHS, plumbing pipes and drains were the most common cause of interior water damage. The average incident costs around $5,000.
We aren’t telling you this to make it difficult or to have you check your plumbing every 5 mins. You might be wondering, “Well, that’s all very well, but how can I tell if I have found the best plumber to handle my plumbing emergencies in Glendale, CA?”
We are glad that you asked. Below, we have some strategies and tips to help you find the best plumbers in Long Beach, CA or anywhere else in the U.S.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THE BEST PLUMBERS IN GLENDALE, CA
- Get started now. It’s easier to find the best Glendale, CA Plumber when you have the time and the resources. You will eventually have to replace or repair something in your home. Make sure you do your research and call a professional plumber before your house starts filling up with water.
- Ask friends and family. Discuss their experiences with local plumbers. They’ll be happy to share their experiences with plumbers and can also help you avoid unreliable or suspicious plumbing companies.
- Get a recommendation from a Long Beach plumber or HVAC contractor. Referrals are always a great way to get a discount and a referral is incredibly helpful.
- Read online reviews. While the yellow pages may give you the numbers, a search online for local plumbers will yield a lot more results. You’ll find many local listing sites with reviews, warnings and recommendations along with contact information. Online review sites can consolidate negative and positive consumer reviews about local plumbers. This will help you to get a more accurate assessment of their service.
- Get in touch with the Better Business Bureau or other local organizations to verify details of plumbing companies that you have found. Local business associations typically hold their members to higher standards. If a company you are looking at is listed in the Better Business Bureau’s or other organizations’ lists, it is a strong vote of confidence in their services.
- Get in touch with the plumbers that interest you. Fill out contact forms and emails from different Glendale, CA Plumbers. A well-established business will know that you need a general overview of their services. Most companies offer contact forms, emails, and phone numbers that are open for people who only require basic information. You can also find out the years of experience and the areas they serve, as well as any discounts or specials.