It is not just annoying, but a leaking faucet can lead to an increase in water bills. Fix your bathtub faucet if you see it dripping. In this blog post, we’ll discuss simple ways to fix your leaking bathtub tap.
- Identify the Type Of Faucet The very first thing you need to do in order to fix a bathtub faucet that is leaking is identify the type. Tub faucets come in four different types: ceramic disc, cartridge, compression and ball. Each type has a unique way of repairing the leak. Finding the right parts to fix the leak will be easier if you know the type.
- Turn off the Water Supply before you fix the faucet you must first turn off the supply of water to the bath. You can find the shutoff valve either under the sink, or near the heater. If you are working on the faucet, turn off the water supply.
- Remove the Faucet Handle. After you turn off the water supply you will need to remove your faucet handle. Remove the screws that hold on the faucet handle with a screwdriver. You can also use an Allen wrench or a hex-key, depending on which type of faucet is installed. You can now access the faucet cartridge once you have removed the handle.
- Inspect the cartridge The cartridge controls water flow from the faucet. Examine the cartridge to check for damage or wear. Replace the damaged cartridge. You can buy a new cartridge online or at your local hardware shop.
- Follow the instructions provided with the replacement part to replace the cartridge. Before installing the new cartridge, apply plumber’s oil to the orings. This will ensure that the faucet runs smoothly and prevents leaks.
- Reassemble Faucet After installing the cartridge, reassemble faucet handle and turn the water on. Check the faucet for leaks, and make sure it is working properly.
- It is best to contact a professional if you don’t feel comfortable fixing the bathtub faucet leak on your own. A plumber will quickly be able identify the problem, and repair the leak.
Plumbing problems are common for homeowners. Although it may seem like a daunting task, homeowners can easily fix a bathtub faucet that is leaking. You can save money by following the instructions in this article. Do not hesitate to contact a professional plumber if the repair is difficult. You can save money by fixing the leaky faucet immediately.