Bathrooms by nature are warm and humid. This makes them the perfect environment for mold and mildew development.
However, if you believe your nose is telling the truth, there could be more to it than just a day spent in the average bathroom.
Why is my bathroom so musky?
A bathroom that uses a lot of hot water can make it humid. It can be challenging to dry the air and clear the humidity. However, if you notice something musty, it could be the fungus that causes mold.
What’s the deal?
Mold can be sneaky. Mold can sneak up behind walls and cabinets. It can grow in your shower curtain folds, behind towels, picture frames, mirrors, and even inside cabinets. It can accumulate on your tile grout, on your paint and in your light fixtures and fan.
Mold can not only make your body smell bad but it can also pose a threat to your health and well-being. Mold exposure can lead to headaches.
The problem is not limited to visible mold. Moldspores that are disturbed can become airborne and detached from the surrounding environment. This can lead to mold-related health issues and spread to other areas in your home.
What can I do when my bathroom smells musty or musty?
Your bathroom may be smelling musty. It will not go away on its own. It will only get worse. What can we do? Here are some suggestions form Glendale, CA Plumbers:
- Increase ventilation – Increasing ventilation can dry your bathroom after showers or baths. It will also reduce humidity, which can prevent mold growth.
- It’s important to keep it clean. Regular bathroom cleaning can make your bathroom smell good, while also removing fungus from the bathroom that can cause mold growth.
- Use the right products. It’s just as important to wash hands after using a bathroom.
- Squeegee the shower walls – after you’ve finished showering, squeegee your shower walls to remove excess water.
- The fan should be turned on – it is tempting to allow the bathroom to become steamy and warm after a bath or shower. Run the fan immediately after you take a bath or shower to minimize the risk of mold growth.