Many homeowners are faced with blocked drains. If left untreated, they can cause more serious problems. What’s the most common item that gets stuck in your drainage? We will be answering this question in this blog and giving you some tips to help prevent blocked drains.
Hair is the most common item that can get stuck in your drainage system. No matter how long or short your hair is, there’s a good chance that some of it ends up in your drain. The hair can become a clog over time.
Food scraps and soap scum are also common items that can get caught in your drain. These items can accumulate in your drain and cause clogs.
How do you prevent blocked drains? Here are some tips to help you prevent clogged drains.
- Drain strainer: A drain strainer, whether in your shower or sink, can catch hair and other debris before they go down the pipes.
- Avoid putting grease down your drain. Grease can cause blockages and solidification in your drain. Instead, pour the grease into a container before throwing it away.
- Do not put fibrous foods down the garbage disposal.
- Run hot water down the drain: Hot water running down the drain can prevent the buildup soap scum or mineral deposits.
- A natural drain cleaner is better than using chemical drain cleaners. Instead of using harsh chemicals, you can try natural drain cleaners like vinegar and baking soda. This can be used to remove clogs, without causing damage to your pipes.
Although hair is the most common cause of a clog in your drains, there are many other things that can also block your drain. A drain strainer can be used to prevent clogs. To prevent further plumbing problems, you should immediately clear a clogged drain.