Dealing with a low toilet flange can be frustrating, but it’s a problem that can be resolved with the right know-how. Don’t let this issue compromise your bathroom’s functionality and aesthetics. In this blog, we’ll explore effective methods to fix a low toilet flange and ensure a smooth bathroom experience.
- Diagnose the Problem: Begin by confirming if your toilet is wobbly or uneven. If it is, a low toilet flange could be the culprit.
- Assemble Your Tools: Get ready with a wax ring, toilet flange extender, adjustable wrench, plunger, and a putty knife.
- Remove the Toilet: Turn off the water supply, empty the toilet’s tank and bowl, and disconnect the water line. Carefully detach the toilet from the floor and set it aside.
- Evaluate the Flange: Examine the flange closely. If it’s cracked or deteriorated, replacing it might be necessary. If it’s just too low, proceed to the next step.
- Install the Extender: A toilet flange extender is your solution to raising the flange’s height. Adhere to the extender’s instructions for a proper installation.
- Replace the Wax Ring: Position a new wax ring onto the horn of the toilet flange extender. This ring ensures a water-tight seal between the toilet and the flange.
- Reinstall the Toilet: Gently lower the toilet onto the wax ring and flange extender. Apply even pressure to ensure the wax ring seals effectively.
- Secure the Toilet: Utilize the supplied bolts and washers to fasten the toilet to the floor. Tighten the nuts evenly to prevent damage to the toilet’s base.
- Reconnect and Test: Reconnect the water line, turn on the water supply, and test the toilet’s functionality. Look for any potential leaks and confirm the toilet is steady on the floor.
Confronting a low toilet flange head-on is the key to maintaining a trouble-free bathroom. By following these steps and focusing on the details, you can successfully address the issue and restore your toilet’s stability and efficiency. Don’t let a low toilet flange compromise your daily comfort – tackle it with confidence using these expert guidelines.